DellEMC has recently released RecoverPoint 5.1 and below is an overview of the new features. Feel free to look through the release notes on all the 5.1 changes.
This version of RecoverPoint includes the following security improvements:
- Improvements in certificate handling
- Crypto hardening – User can set the minimum TLS protocol version to be supported by the RPA web server
Support for RecoverPoint replication of VMAX3 and VMAX/AF arrays
This version includes support for RecoverPoint replication of VMAX3 and VMAX/AF arrays, including:
- VMAX3/AF at production, replica, or both
- Snap-based replication at the production copy, based on Symmetrix SnapVX, with snapshots as frequent as every minute
- Journaling at the replica copies, enabling point-in-time recovery
- Up to four replica copies
Improved integration with XtremIO arrays
The following features improve how RecoverPoint protects XtremIO arrays:
- Added support for automatic provisioning of journal volumes.
- Added support for copy volume auto-matching (from the GUI only).
- Added support for registration of arrays with no exposed volumes.
- Added support for registration of RPA initiators. The initiators are created automatically even when there are already Initiator Groups for RecoverPoint.