This is Blog 2 of 5 on Zerto Replication. This blog will cover pairing 2 different sites as well as installing the Zerto Virtual Replication Appliance (VRA). This is needed for replicating VMs from one site to the other.
Recommend prerequisites for VRA
• Have the ZVM already installed at each site as well as have them paired
• 1 VRA per ESXi host at each site
• Have your network, IP addresses and storage ready
I would like to point out one of the cool features of Zerto, the VMware Plugin for the vSphere client. You can access Zerto without having to login through a Web Browser by selecting the Zerto Tab. It is installed automatically after ZVM has been deployed.
Pairing the Sites
1. Once you are in Zerto go to the summary tab and select “Pair”
Installing the VRA
1. To begin replication you need to install a VRA at both sites. Select you ESXi host and then go to the “VRAs” tab and select “actions” and then “Install”.
Lets Recap Zerto so far:
• We have installed the Zerto Virtual Replication Manager (ZVM) at both sites
• Paired the sites
• Installed the Zerto Replication Appliance (VRA) at both sites
The next blog will cover Virtual Protection Groups (VPG), which is the last step for setting up recovery with Zerto.